I have put together the most frequently asked questions that I get each time someone calls up. Have a read through them before getting started:
- Is there an age limit? Box it Out do not offer classes for children at this stage. Our group classes are for people aged 18 and over.
- How much does it cost? That’s up to you – the more often you come out, the cheaper the classes are! If you are looking for a place to float in and out every few weeks, Box it Out is not the place for you. View pricing here.
- Where are the sessions held? Sessions are held outdoors during summer, and move indoors over winter. Classes are run in Prospect and you can find the current location here.
- How long am I locked into the direct debit? As long as you’d like to be. Most of my clients are on direct debits, and anytime they want to make changes or cancel their direct debit, they simply email me and I do the rest. Box it Out is a small Adelaide business – no lock in contracts, joining fees, exit fees or whatever other silly things people like to charge for.
- Do I need any boxing experience? Not at all. All the trainers have martial arts experience and are there to teach you correct technique for punches, knees, elbows, kicks and all combinations in between. However, if you have never boxed before, you will need to arrive at least 15mins prior to the class starting to go through technique.
- I haven’t done any exercise in a while, how will I go at the session? Majority of people who are not used to vigorous activity become very sore and often put fitness back into the ‘too hard basket’ after just one class. As long as you are looking for a change, we welcome you with open arms! All sessions can be modified to your fitness level.
- So who are the classes for? Box it Out classes are for people who are ready to focus on their fitness, strength and confidence, not gimmicky weight loss techniques.
- How do I track my progress? We do our fitness testing on the first Thursday of every month, and I also do progress photos and measurements, if you request it. You will know within yourself when you feel great, and a number on the scale or a number on a tape measure should not change that.
- What can I expect a class to be like? Will we punch and run for the hour? You’ll never know, because sessions are always different. It all depends on which trainer is taking the class and what they have in store for you. We have various different types of classes running, you can read about each one here.
- How many people are in a class? Classes have anywhere from 4 to 20 people in a session. Some classes have smaller numbers, so if you’d like to start in a smaller class environment, just let me know.
- Do I need to have my own gloves? We bring all equipment to the sessions, so all you need to bring is a pair of wraps, water, a positive attitude and if you have your own gloves, you are more than welcome to bring them along. It is also a good idea to wear sunscreen and use an insect repellent if those things irritate you. Same thing for grass, if you get irritated, bring along a yoga mat.
- Where do I get wraps from? You can purchase wraps from sports stores like rebel sport, but we sell quick wraps at the sessions for just $15 if you need some.
- Can I bring a friend/partner? As long as they fit with the team, yes. However, if you don’t have a boxing partner, that’s ok too. Majority of the team started out that way and have quickly made friends along the way.
How do you get in contact?
Click here to get in touch and we can chat about your goals and I can answer any questions you may have.